Featured Clients and Projects
We work to produce quality results and to find the right solution to every project, ensuring client satisfaction and peace of mind. Whether a project is big or small, we think our clients matter. We prefer to work with businesses long-term, providing the kind of service that can only develop by truly understanding the client and their specific needs. Please review a few samples of our work below to get a sense of what we can do.
The Organic Box
The Organic Box is a rapidly growing organic food delivery service in Edmonton. Semandra has been providing technical and design services to them since 2011. Our work started with a redesign of their public site, but has since expanded to involve advanced technical support, system integration, and the development of web and mobile applications. In addition to employing standard web technologies, a substantial portion of the work has been developing for, and customizing, the Home Delivery Management (HMDI) platform used to manage products, product orders, and customers.
- Systems integration and programming – HMDI, Webfleet, Ektron (CMS)
- Website Design – public site and membership site
- Mobile site design and development (for members)
- Graphic design – web graphic of map, icons
- Online catalogue design and development (for members)
- HTML formatted email templates for invoices and notices
- Technical support
Armand Heights Bed & Breakfast
The Armand Heights Bed and Breakfast sits high up on the side of Mount Maxwell on Salt Spring Island. To reflect this picture-perfect location, the website needed a visual redesign along with an upgrade to the photography and writing on the site. The owner also wanted to be able to easily access the site for simple content updates. Semandra created a custom theme for WordPress and added new photos to highlight the beautiful garden and incredible views guests would experience.
- WordPress (CMS) with customized theme
- Customer booking system (Booking Calendar plugin)
- Site content writing and editing
- Photography and photo editing
- Content SEO and analytics
- Customer consultation and training
C Returns is a non-profit group dedicated to greening homes and buildings across Edmonton. Their website needed to provide information to homeowners and a way to register for the program. We worked with the client’s designer, whose artwork was rendered into templates and styles for the Meringue CMS for Django. The website also required a multi-page registration form, to gather customer information, and to integrate with a calendar and scheduling system. The calendar application was required to schedule and manage the estimators inspecting homes after sign-up. The calendar system was built to integrate with Salesforce.
- Meringue for Django (CMS)
- Template development from design
- Content deployment and formatting
- Calendar integration with Salesforce
Nimpo Lake Resort
The Nimpo Lake Resort is a beautiful lakeside fishing resort in central British Columbia. They needed a website redesign and a new content management system to more easily update their content and add photos. They also had a tight budget. We set them up with WordPress as a CMS, for quick development and user-friendly content management. We focused the design on achieving a high visual impact, and tried to capture the quiet and serenity of staying lakeside in the North.
- WordPress (CMS) deployment
- Custom website design using photos supplied by the client
- Content migration from the old site
- SEO page improvements and Analytics
- Customer support
Bucknucks is a Cowichan Bay, BC, used-books store that wanted a West Coast feel to their site. They also wanted a website that could expand in the future to one day integrate with their book inventory, and provide visitors with a way to find and order books from home.
- Drupal Content Management System (CMS)
- Site design and custom Drupal templates
- Information architecture and navigation design
- Blog page application
- Customer support
The Metro Cinema is a community-based non-profit theatre in Edmonton, devoted to the exhibition and promotion of independent film and video. Our first work was producing a web-based administrative application, to manage films, including the scheduling and financials, and deliver information about screenings as a public website. This programming work eventually became our Theamatic software.
- Administrative application (Django, Python, MySQL)
- Reporting tools – screenings reports, financial reports
- People management tools
- Film management tools – ordering, scheduling, shipping, payment
- Website development
- Armstrongs’ Counselling – ArmstrongsCounselling.com
- Kidsnotes Music – Kidsnotes.ca
- Edmonton EFT Community – eftedmoton.com
- Living Design Systems – Sunandstraw.com
- Martinus – martinus-gold.com
Software and Other Projects
In addition to our client work, we are engaged with a number of other projects. Some of these have grown out of work for clients, others are new developments, and a few are part of research and experimentation.